Our client is a Strategic Land Promotion business with significant amounts of capital to deploy acquiring new sites alongside bringing forward their extensive existing portfolio. This organisation focuses on large, major strategic residential opportunities and doesn’t tend to bring small scale sites into its portfolio.
As the detailed role profile shows below, this would be an excellent role for an analytical and technically minded Development Surveyor to move into an extremely secure client side role.Ideal Candidate Summary
- A candidate who wants to be part of an experienced strategic land company who delivers sites through the planning system, delivers strategic infrastructure and then disposals.
- The candidate will form part of the Land Team who have a clear strategy in place to grow the company’s portfolio by making high quality acquisitions of strategic land.
- The candidate will have a varied role primarily within acquisitions and reporting into the National Land Director but sometimes aiding in estate management, development land sales and providing general surveying / land advice to the wider business.
- The candidate will have experience as a development surveyor or land buyer and will have an interest in the strategic land business. The role will have slightly more of a focus on the technical and analytic elements of Technical Development Surveying over more of a “deal making” focus.
- Minimum – RICS
- Optional – RTPI
- Minimum 3 years post RICS qualification, no maximum experience level.
- Development Surveying or Land buying background. Preference to the former.
o Either as part of a team or leading on projects.
o Creating & delivering project programs
o Managing budgets
- Development Surveyor skills:
o Landownership searches including understanding title / legal arrangements
o Sales values assessments
o Comparable transaction analysis
o Residual development appraisals on excel or argus style software
o Cashflow analysis/creation and understanding
o Residential Development experience/knowledge is a priority, commercial/employment experiences would be a useful skill tool
o Knowledge and understanding of the process of acquisition and sales of land and property
o Operate as part of the team to support/lead as appropriate in acquisition or sale
o Prepare bid assumptions, input to team project meetings and present internally as part of the team
o Undertake land searches for new opportunities by using software such as Landinsight, planning maps and other online tools.
o Meet with landowners and agents as part of prospective acquisitions and sales. Agent network not mandatory but a useful asset if a candidate has it.
o We are not looking for a planner but an understanding and experience of the planning system would be helpful.
o Car / ability to drive preferable
For further information on this opportunity or to have a confidential conversation, please contact Sam Ferris on 07463 423309 or email Sam